Sunday, August 24, 2008

Autumn is in the Wings

That's right - the past two mornings have been light jacket days. Fall is my favorite season - always has been. It seems that summer is careening to an end - there are dry, fallen leaves in my backyard - enough to rake a bit and sweep quite a few from the deck before my patio dinner last night.

It has been a lovely weekend. I had a great acupuncture session; entertained a friend for dinner on Saturday night; and went to the Mall of America after church today. It is rare that I go to the Mall of America but I needed something that is only carried at Nordstorms. So off to the Temple of Twin Cities Retail - I got a great outdoor parking space near the North Entrance and was in and out rather quickly.

My trip to San Antonio was exhausting. The gold in the experience was to spend time with my friend Missy. We walked the Riverwalk, ate in nice restaurants, curled up with room service and watched the Sex in the City movie and talked and talked. Just had a great girlfriend time. Missy and I met in Washington DC in 1980. Nothing like old friends.

Here in St. Paul we are preparing to have our city taken over by the RNC for the Republican Convention - the convention site is square in the middle of my short drive to the office - should be interesting. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Suzann,
    I've read this post several times.
    Why?
    Simply to comment as should be.
    Or, to be honest:
    i would have liked to write a poem
    to your description of "fall is coming". Slowly with the first dry leafes - then flowers day by day understand the summer is history, tomatoes are blushing - Eat me eat me now. The Herbs - you love me? You can even dry me--

    Best wishes and love from over here. Even in Winter you will allways be wellcommed in Oslo.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't disagree, but think its hard to say what season is best. I think all four has their charm and living in Norway for me is the change in them that is the most attractive.
    It makes life more colourful and of course that in particular goes with the fall season :-)

    ReplyDelete