Monday, June 25, 2007

Today


One of my personal traditions is to cut the horoscope from the newspaper on my birthday - I have been doing it for years. So today I went and looked at the horoscopes (online) from both local papers and they are:

TODAY'S BIRTHDAY (June 25).
You'll be singing a freedom song this year. No longer ruled by what you "should" be doing, you make offbeat decisions that are perfect for you and your abundant future. Working with an equal partner in July, you build something you'll be enjoying for years to come. November brings a poignant reunion. Virgo and Scorpio people adore you. Your lucky numbers are: 39, 40, 42, 15 and 22.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Monday, June 25, 2007:

You sparkle this year. Others note your unusual creativity, endurance and strength. Though known to be a touch moody at times, you will learn how to get past these somewhat difficult moments. Avoid spending too much time alone, and spruce up your life with activities and people you love. Be cautious with your finances, as money is your Achilles' heel. If you are single, a relationship certainly wings its way into your life. Look to midwinter for meeting new people. If you are attached, the two of you might spend many hours having serious talks. In a sense you are getting to know each other again. SCORPIO knows how to make you laugh.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - my lucky numbers - I am not a gambling woman but who knows.

My birthday gift to myself this year is a membership in a local gym. It is a fitness and nutrition center. It doesn't have classes, no pool, spa or sauna. It is new and has state of the art workout equipment and personal trainers. I have had 2 personal training sessions with A - she is a wonderful trainer - patient, pleasant and experienced. They work with all ages, their oldest client is 77.

This is my year to get strong - to put exercise in my life as a routine. I have a treadmill and elliptical trainer downstairs - I have an exercise ball, free weights, a step and lots of DVDs and VHS tapes. I can be really good at working out for a while and then just "fall off the wagon." Now, I am serious and I have support and assistance to be consistent. Last year I quit smoking (hooray for me) and this year is the "year to develop and maintain functional fitness."

I often forget (except for these birthday times) how old I am - I feel young and have so many things still to do and experience. The truth is, I am 61 today and taking care of this body is the most important thing I can do so that I can do all the other things ahead of me.

This has been an amazing year just past - It has been a year of transition and a year of rebuilding. The grief journey brings pain, heartbreak, learning, growing, maturity and understanding that surpasses anything to date.

I am here - I am alive - I am on my path. This is a new year of transformation.

4 comments:

  1. I am soooo late getting here Suzann, that your special day is over, but, I am a great believer in celeberating your Birthday Week...So, though it is just about an hour and a half past "The Day", I hope this year will be filled with new experiences and adventures, too!
    You sound in great spirits, dear Suzann....
    HAPPY HAPPY 61st BIRTHDAY....I know this is going to be a WONDERFUL year for you!
    BIG HUGS, MY DEAR....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated, but sincere happy birthday wish. Hope the day was special in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, Suzann. 60 is a big one and you've been reading about me approaching 70. Your birthday is the same day as my ex's. That was poignant about dancing in the kitchen. Yikes about the teeth, but glad they could pull the roots and sink the screw simultaneously. I've never had an implant.

    How's the weather in St. Paul?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday!
    My b-day is on the 27th of June, so we're both crabs (but not crabby :) ).
    Take care,
    stephanie

    ReplyDelete