Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Teeth - Ugh

I am having oral surgery tomorrow to remove the remains of a tooth and have two sites prepped for implants. It is an old bridge that went bad on the left side - so without the implants I will have a noticeable gap in my smile.

Yucky, I am such a chicken about the dentist. Just nothing but a scardy-cat.

I am going to be knocked out - or at least have some sort of "twilight sleep" for the 3 hour procedure. The procedure begins at 1:40 pm - our office manager is taking me and then will return to take me home. I am sure I will be woozy tomorrow night and not just from writing the check to pay for it. :)

I will let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

  1. Yikes, I'm getting an implant next Thursday.
    I had the tooth pulled 4 months ago and they will drill in to place the post.
    I totally understand you scardy cat deal. I hate the dentist!!
    best of luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with it. I always visiting the dentist also and have to do so soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Suzann....it will be fine. It will be over and done with before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better with all that dental work behind you, that the anticipation was worse than the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my dear...Hope it went well...I've been there and done that...! SIX implants at once...only one failed....It was pretty much of a nightmare....Don't know that I could ever go through any of that kind of thing anymore...!

    ReplyDelete