Saturday, April 15, 2006

What a Difference



The first picture was taken at 10 am on March 20th out my back door. The second was taken at 2:30 pm today - April 15th - in the flower bed just to the right off the same porch. Spring has arrived in Minnesota and not moment too soon.

Oh the joy of rebirth - the beginning of a new season of growth and renewal. The transformation is dramatic --- 26 days. The sun is shining today - the breeze is soft with promise - the earth yields its treasures. Welcome Spring.

3 comments:

  1. and we are now shivering after high 50s and low 60s for a couple of weeks - back into the windy, rainy cold 30s for another day or 2! not freezing literally, but we are wrapped tightly in layers as we face the strong winds and feed the daffodils, crocuses, scillas, tulips, and hyacinths with bulb boosters to help promote energy for next year's blooms. ahhh..the fickle weather! the frost poem on my blog says it all perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on your last posts--thanks so much for the picture of Tom. Reading about him means even more when I can visualize him. Such a kind face--such a twinkle in his eye!

    I just returned from a holiday trip with the Grands. It's curious how wonderful it feels to "get away" and how equally wonderful it is to return to our little nest. I feel like that right now too.

    I'm so happy it's spring---even if I'm sure we'll have at least one more dump of snow before summer. If it's wet, it's good!

    Have a blessed week and enjoy those flowers!
    ove,
    lucyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love snow's photos. I am from a tropical country (Brazil) so I love to "see" snow!

    ReplyDelete