Thursday, March 19, 2009

Newest Addition to my Home


My new pellet stove was installed yesterday! I am very excited - not only have I reduced my carbon footprint, I have increased my self-sufficiency by being able to heat my home in any type of power loss emergency. The next purchase is a battery backup to ensure continued use if I am without power for a more extended period of time.

On top of it all - I have wanted a fireplace in my house for as long I have lived here. The cozy ambience - snowy day outside, a pot of soup on the stove and a nice fire in the stove. Heaven!!

As you can see, I continue to work on making my life more sustainable, resilient and self-reliant. More to come.............

3 comments:

  1. Great idea to have such a modern fireplace installed.
    Next time, I'll think I'll come during the Winter;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! now you can enjoy looking at the white landscape with that fire warming your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a smart idea. I recall Conn. friends some years ago being without power for a week or so. They talked of using their fireplace for heating water, cooking and heat. Surely does make sense to me, plus you can enjoy it at other times, too.

    ReplyDelete