Thursday, December 21, 2006

Winter Solstice


Today is the first real snow in St. Paul. Yep, we have had some tiny flakes floating in the sky, which looked like real snow. Nope. Today, the shortest day of the year, a little freezing rain and then, real snow on the ground in my backyard.

I woke up this morning with the beginnings of a cold. I have spent the day moving slowly, drinking tea, napping and working on cleaning the files in my home office. If I felt better, I would bundle up and light my outdoor fireplace to mark the winter solstice. Shortly I will light the Hanukkah candles and then light many, many candles throughout the house to banish the dark and mark the longest night of the year. Be warm my friends.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post! I wish we got snow here in San Francisco.

    Winter Solstice is the original "Reason for the Season." Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, hope you keep updating it - Blogs I visit seem to dissapear often :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been getting rain the last couple of days..no snow...yet. It's been unseasonably warm over the past week. I'm sure something's brewing. Stay warm Suzann...take care of that cold, and Happy Hanukkah my dear friend... Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete