Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Forever in My Heart

Thomas William Murray

April 23, 1935 - November 14, 2004


Our Strength and Our Guide



Notes from the Other Side

I divested myself of despair
and fear when I came here.

Now there is no more catching
one's own eye in the mirror,

there are no bad books, no plastic,
no insurance premiums, and of course

no illness. Contrition
does not exist, nor gnashing

of teeth. No one howls as the first
clod of earth hits the casket.

The poor we no longer have with us.
Our calm hearts strike only the hour,

and God, as promised, proves
to be mercy clothed in light.

Jane Kenyon

1 comment:

  1. Much, much love Suzann. Holding you close in my thoughts...and in my heart. Find peace and cherish all that is good in your life dear friend.

    ReplyDelete