Thursday, December 18, 2008

Musings


I continue to battle this cold or whatever the bug is - good lord, I have been home recuperating for half of this week - again.

Yesterday, I finally filled the antibiotic prescription given to me last week. That is real desperation, as I rarely take any prescription meds let alone antibiotics. I am being hopeful tonight that I will wake up much better in the morning.

It surely is cold - recently the Twin Cities broke 40 year low temperature records! Between snowfalls, the sun shines brilliantly everyday turning our world into a sparkling wonderland.

I am beginning to prepare for my trip to Seattle - I depart December 25 and will be there until January 3. Woo Hoo!! A real break - not a trip to take care of someone else, which has been the case most of the time this year. We have lots of fun things planned - I will be sure to take photos and post while there.

It has been such a strange time - I just saw a piece on the evening news about the jacking up of interest rates by credit card companies. In the piece, a women who looks like your local retired librarian, said, "I would be better off going to the mob to borrow money." Truly a sign of the times.

I here, just here ----- staying warm and healing. Talk to you soon........

1 comment:

  1. well, we are sitting here with snow still falling and at least a foot out there now (eastside). temps remain below freezing but warm compared to yours. snow is predicted to fall until christmas with a mix of rain, sleet, and snow possible on christmas eve. it all changes to rain on christmas day and back to snow on the 26th. the weather may not be good while you are here but at least it will be warmer than your place and you can have some fun with your companion. time to get well, i say!

    ReplyDelete