Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring Cleaning and Fresh Air

Ahhhhhhhh - the past two days have been in the 50's and sunny. The snow is melting at a rapid rate and the very air carries the scent of the spring, which is on its way.

I spent this weekend cleaning and finishing the organizing I started over the holidays. I also got out and walked, shoveled the snow that was collapsing the hedges off the back deck and just generally did home chores. Nice way to spend the weekend.

I just finished redecorating the upstairs bathroom. Tom and I had redone that bath about 5 years ago - it was a bright, sunny yellow - called "Spiced Butternut Squash" with the new white cabinets and brushed nickel fixtures, it was quite striking.

Now the walls are a restful shade called, Portico - it is kind of mushroom colored - khaki without the green - my accent colors are deep chocolate brown, warm tan, and purple. All the accessories are dark chocolate brown, lots of baskets, dark hammered metal, dark wood - it reminds me of a spa. The shower curtain is fabric and is a large patchwork of faux snakeskin in all shades of brown/gold/tan.

I took pictures tonight but have not downloaded from the camera. I'll post pictures this week. Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Those of us in the northland are getting ready to end our winter hibernation and get out and about again. More to come.....

1 comment:

  1. I know, doesn't it feel good to have that snow gone Suzann? It's been really nice here too over the past few days. We may even hit 70 tomorrow. I love how your bathroom came out....really petty. I redid my upstairs bathroom last year....it really needed it.

    Enjoy the great weather...I know you love being outside. Spring is definitely moving in....

    ReplyDelete