Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Trees - Mark the Seasons as They Pass












Right out my back door and overshadowing the yard and patio is the most amazing 100 year old Cottonwood tree. This huge tree has three trunks - it is an awesome sight. We have an Arborist that takes care of the tree - every three to four years he comes out to trim, cable and just pouring love into that tree.

A tree of this size means that an Autumn pastime at my house is raking leaves. I thought it would be fun to document the passing of the next few seasons using the tree as the subject. Here is the first in a series. Lots of autumn foliage to come. I hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

  1. we have lots of trees in the gardens where I work(will take some pictures) one tree in particular(will try and find out its name) drops all its leaves within the space of a couple of days and every year for the past 10 years we write down the date and its always been within one week year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzann..Beautiful tree. That will be great getting to see the different seasons of that fine old tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A LOVE the idea of seeing the seasons through such a gorgeous historic tree! I love the Autumn leves...so I'm anxious to see that....and of course the winter snow....But truly, my favorite season has always been Spring...wwith it's "new" life which is to me synonomous with hope....Seeing all this through your fabulously beautiful tree will be remarkable, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete