Monday, September 18, 2006

Sweaters

Ahhhhh, today was the first day to put on a sweater, jeans, socks and little black boots. What a delicious feeling that is - the first tang of the change of season. A little rain, a little wind and scrunching your toes, nice and warm, in socks and comfy boots.

Winter is around the corner and one of these days we will be complaining about the cold but for now, one of the blessings of living in four seasons is celebrating the small rituals of their comings and goings.

5 comments:

  1. Yep, it feels good doesn't it? Love the autumn...my favorite...the colors, the smell, the feel of it. Enjoy the scrunching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great summer in the Northwest, truly a summer's summer, but I am never ready for fall because winter comes right after it. I think if we had more snowy winters again, I might tolerate it better but lately, for us, winter means gray rainy days, not really fall or spring for what it's like but definitely not the feeling of a true winter like I remember as a kid. I did put away my lightweight tops and am changing what is in my closet also right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds wonderful, (in theory...lol), though I am so used to us having two seasons or more in a day....! Yes....iy can be very warm during the day and then pretty darn cold that same night....Sometimes 25 to 30 degrees....
    But the way you write about the fall....It sounds FABULOUS, Suzann.

    If you get a chance take a look at my post today---It's some of my paintings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait! 55 here all day with drizzle. chilly nights! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the autumn too! No other season smells so good outdoors. Your Summer's End tribute was a masterpiece. I loved it!
    Keep cozy dear Suzann...

    ReplyDelete