Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Catching Up





I had a wonderful time in New Jersey - I was in Longport - a beautiful small community, 9 or 10 miles from Atlantic City, where my son B and his family have had a cute little house for the past 2 summers. The first two days, the weather was pretty overcast from the hurricane down south. The last few days, it was absolutely beautiful.

One memorable thing was to take my granddaughter for our first joint manicure and pedicure. It is so amazing that one minute you are playing dolls together and the next you are picking out nail polish colors. We walked on the beach most days, cooked tasty meals, had lots of meaningful conversations, watched movies at night and just relaxed. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful son and daughter. I love each of them so much. All in all, it was a fun and relaxing visit. More to come......

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time. Reminded me of a family trip up the East Coast many years ago and a cottage we all shared along the way between Mass. and Maine. Hope your recent weekend was fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is about what I'll call quality family time together. Thanks for sharing these moments.
    In this world of such much crazyness, it's of utterly importance that we, ordinary people, can share as much positive sides of life as possible.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those two sweeties...they're beautiful Suzann. Manicures and pedicures....oh where does the time go. What a great visit you had....it reminds me of when I went to see my babies in April. You did a lot of what I did....it's the best, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete