Monday, November 14, 2005

Life is Mysterious

An email sent today:

Today is an important day to mark the legacy of Tom Murray - our husband, father, step-father, grandfather and friend to many. In this sacred space today, I am filled with memories of him - his love, his strength, his impatience, his laugh, his pride in each of you. His love for his grandchildren. His hopes for a future that was much different than was planned and his courage in the face of adversity. His humanity.

When Tom and I married, we brought all our experiences and our children to this new union. We had a friendship, a courtship, and time to learn about and from one another before we made the life commitment. After our first year of marriage - we knew - we committed to forge a family that contained all our children.

A month ago, someone who knew Tom well said, "You know, Tom was much more than he seemed." So true. He was innately humble and patient with others; even in the midst of his own impatience with life's twists and turns. I hope that each of you have found those things, from his life, that have meaning for you - those elements that were the bedrock of his character, his values and his life.

Today, I send my love to each of you: David, Paul, Cathy, Christina, Mark, Esther, Brad, Mari, Olivia, Evan, Justin and Emily. I am enriched by my life with Tom - my soulmate, the love of my life - your father, step-father, grandfather and friend. My heart to yours -

Thomas William Murray
April 23, 1935-November 14, 2004
Our Strength - Our Guide


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete