Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Beginning of the End

And oh it makes me sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. I suppose once your heart is ripped out by its roots and once you have walked that pain-filled WidowRoad, how can anything hurt worse? It can't.

Yet, I stood in the shower this afternoon and wept.

It is not the sadness that hurts me. It is the loss of the potential of something very wonderful. I cannot settle and I cannot change anything or anyone but me.

So, I will just have to be sad.....I believe there is much more to come.

5 comments:

  1. i am here. Lucy is coming. you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're experiencing another loss. It seems unfair that life doesn't give a "Get out of suffering free" card to people who have experienced major losses in their lives. Thinking of you and continuing to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, suzann, i am sorry to read this. i am reminded of the words of a very wise therapist, "potential is something that has not happened and may never be born. it is our dream and is often a dream that involves someone else changing." you are right - we can only change ourselves. i know you will heal and the sadness and disappointment you feel now will shift, but i am so sorry you are hurting. i am glad, however, that you are paying attention to what you need and honoring that. sending you much, much love. x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you Suzann, I hope this doesn't allude to what I think it does :-( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you're going through this sad time Suzann. Sending you my love.... ~Joy

    ReplyDelete