Tuesday, November 09, 2010

The November Vigil Begins.......

Soon it will be six years since you left me here on this earth.

November 11th - I arrive home to find you on the floor mortally wounded from another stroke.

The days in the ICU - the three-day journey with only one inevitable destination.

The music, the flag being given to me,

the gatherings of people who loved you so - everything a swirl of disjointed images.

These are the days of remembrance - now it comes again - the flood of feelings,

tears and laughter - loss and longing. 

Remembering the laughter, the fun, the friendship -  the unconditional love.

Remembering YOU.

The vigil is about to begin. 

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, sweetheart. These days of vigil will never be anything but sorrowful. I hold you close across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hold you close in my heart. i think of you often. i will say your name out loud. i will "sit" beside you through this time. i wish you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you
    - when you told me, that was a very strong experience for me - we talked about or dear ones that was not among us on planet earth....

    ReplyDelete